- PhD, University of California, Berkeley, Engineering
- MS, University of California, Berkeley, Engineering
- BS, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Geophysics
- Reservoir characterization
- Seismic data processing
- Seismic data analysis
- Time-lapse seismic
- Rock physics
- Fiber optic technology
- Data analytics
- Distributed fiber optic sensing in the subsurface.
- Using data analytics to invert problems with complex physics.
- Tura, A., et al., 2015, A refraction method to detect reservoir velocity and anisotropy. TLE, May
- Tura, A., et al., 2013, Seismic detection of fractures from injection illustrated through a field example. TLE, December
- Hesham Ebaid, Ali Tura et al., 2008, First dual-vessel high-repeat GoM 4D survey shows development options at Holstein Field. TLE, December
- Tura, A., et al., 2006, Feasibility of monitoring compaction and compartmentalization using 4D time shifts and seafloor subsidence. TLE, September
- Tura, A., et al., 2006, Using time-lapse seismic for field development at Nembe Creek, Nigeria. TLE, September
- Tura, A., et al., 2005, Monitoring primary depletion reservoirs using amplitudes and time-shifts from high-repeat seismic surveys. TLE, December.
- Meadows, M., Cole, S., Adams, D., Wright, R., Tura, A., Lumley, D., 2005, Rock physics analysis for time-lapse seismic at Schiehallion Field, North Sea. Geophysical Prospecting.
- Hanitzsch, C., Jin, S. and Tura, A., 2001, A method to reduce the cost: efficient amplitude-preserved prestack depth migration. In: Tygel, M. (Ed.), Seismic True Amplitudes. Journal of Seismic Exploration, 10: 7-17.
- Grubb, H., Tura, A., Hanitzsch, C., 2001, Estimating and interpreting velocity uncertainty in migrated images and AVO attributes. Geophysics, V. 66, p. 1208-1216.
- Tura, A., Hanitzsch, C., and Calandra, H., 1998, 3-D AVO migration/inversion of field data. The Leading Edge, November, Vol. 17, No. 11, p. 1578-1583.
- Tura, M. A. C., 1994, On the linearized Sh-wave inverse problem of a transversely isotropic elastic medium. Geophys. J. Int., 199, 729-739.
- Tura, M. A. C., Greaves, R. J., and Beydoun, W. B., 1994, Crosswell seismic reflection/diffraction tomography: A reservoir characterisation application. Geophysics, V. 59, p. 351-361.
- Tura, M. A. C., and Johnson, L. R., 1993, A stable method for linearized inversion of elastic parameters. Geophys. J. Int., V. 115, p. 1-13.
- Tura, M. A. C., Johnson, L. R., Majer, E. L., and Peterson, J. E., 1992, Application of diffraction tomography to fracture detection. Geophysics, V. 57, p. 245-257.