Society of Student Geophysicists
The goal of the Society of Student Geophysicists (SSG), shall be to promote interest in and knowledge of geophysics and allied sciences, and to promote friendship and cooperation among those interested in the geophysical sciences. We are affiliated with the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) and Colorado School of Mines.
The SSG meets regularly on alternating weeks through the academic year, where students get to meet and hear from speakers on a wide range of topics, including the many facets of geophysics, career development, and much more.
SSG Faculty Advisor: Dr. Jeff Shragge
- President: Joe Stitt
- Vice President: Michael Field
- Treasurer: Lizzie Bruce
- Secretary: David Churchwell
Society of Women in Geoscience
The goal of the Society of Women in Geoscience is to foster a supportive community for the undergraduate, graduate, and faculty women of the various geoscience disciplines (Geophysics, Geology and Geologic Engineering, Petroleum, Hydrology, Environmental, Petrophysics, Geochemistry, and more) at the Colorado School of Mines. Through our involvement on campus, we hope to bridge the gap that sometimes exists between geoscientists in different fields of study, while at the same time creating both personal and professional networks for our women on campus. Our club offers regular meetings, networking events, professional development, field trips, and casual meet and greet events for our members.
Contact the Department of Geophysics if you would like to be included in the SWIG mailing list.
- President: Makayla Shoup
- VP of Relations: Ana Garcia-Ceballos
- VP of Marketing: Clara Bewley
- VP of Design: Tori Maxwell
- VP of Finance: Ursa Armstrong
- VP of Programming: Mackenzie Malkowski
- VP of Membership: Dylan Dowden
Society of Geophysics Graduate Students
The purpose of the SGGS is to represent the Department of Geophysics graduate students in the Mines Graduate Student Government, to coordinate and collaborate with the Department on matters of concern to its graduate student body, and to promote goodwill and community among all graduate students.
- President, SGGS Representative to the Geophysics Graduate Advisory Committee: Andréa Darrh
- Vice President and Geophysics GSG Representative: Dana Sirota
- Treasurer, SGGS Social Media Representative: Iga Pawelec
- Social Chairs:: Hanna Flamme, Harrison Schumann, Odette Aquino de Aragao
Geophysics Faculty Advisor: Dr. Richard Krahenbuhl