Associate Professor, Geophysics
- PhD, Geophysics, Stanford University
- MSc, Geophysics, University of British Columbia
- BScH, Physics, Queen’s University
- 3D acoustic and elastic wave propagation, 3D/4D velocity inversion,
- 3D/4D Reverse-time migration (RTM), wave-equation migration,
- rock physics, computational geometry and differential meshing
- Near-surface geophysics: Ground penetrating radar, magnetics, conductivity profiling, resistivity, seismic reflection/refraction
- General Purpose GPU computing, CUDA
- Parallel Programming (OpenMP, MPI)
- Witten, B., and J. Shragge, 2017, Microseismic Image-domain Velocity Inversion: Marcellus Shale Case Study: Accepted in Geophysics.
- Witten, B., and J. Shragge, 2017, Image-domain Velocity Inversion and Event Location for Microseismic Monitoring: Geophysics, 82, no. 5, KS71-KS83.
- Shragge, J. and B. Tapley, 2017, Solving the Tensorial 3D Acoustic Wave Equation: A Mimetic Finite-Difference Time-Domain Approach: Geophysics, 82, no. 4, T183-T196.
- Shragge, J., D. Lumley, N. Issa, T. Hoskin, A. Paterson and J. Green, 2017, Surveying Batavia’s Graveyard: Geophysical controlled experiments and subsurface imaging of archaeological Sites on an Indian Ocean coral island: Geophysics, 82, no. 4, B147-B163.
- Johnson, J., J. Shragge and K. van Wijk, 2017, Non-confocal all-optical laser-ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging system for angle-dependent deep tissue imaging: Journal of Biomedical Optics, 22, 4, 041014.
- Souza, R., D. Lumley and J. Shragge, 2017, Estimation of reservoir fluid saturation from 4D seismic data: Effects of noise on seismic amplitude and impedance attributes: Journal of Geophysical Engineering, 14, 51-68.
- Shragge, J., 2016, Acoustic Wave Propagation in Tilted Transversely Isotropic (TTI) Media: Incorporating Topography: Geophysics, 81, no 5., C265-C278.
- Shragge, J., T.E. Blum, K. van Wijk and L. Adam, 2015, Full Wavefield Modeling and Reverse-time Migration of Laser Ultrasound Data: A Feasibility Study: Geophysics, 80, no. 6, D553-D563.
- Witten, B., and J. Shragge, 2015, Extended Wave-equation Imaging Conditions for Passive Seismic Data: Geophysics, 80, no. 6, WC61-WC72.
- Shragge, J., 2014, Solving the 3D Acoustic Wave-equation on Generalized Structured Meshes: A FDTD Approach: Geophysics, 79, no. 6, T363-T378.
- Spratt, J., M.C. Dentith, S. Evans, A.R.A. Aitken, M. Lindsay, J.A. Hollis, I.M. Tyler, A. Joly, and J. Shragge, 2014, A Magnetotelluric Survey Across the Kimberley Craton, Northern Western Australia, WA Department of Mines and Petroleum, Report 136.
- Shragge, J., 2014, Reverse-time migration from topography: Geophysics, 79, no. 4, P1-P12.
- Yang, T., J. Shragge and P. Sava, 2013, Illumination compensation for image-domain wavefield tomography: Geophysics, 78, no. 5, U65-U76.
- Saul, M., D. Lumley and J. Shragge, 2013, Modeling the pressure sensitivity of uncemented sediments using a modified effective medium theory: Incorporating grain relaxation and porosity effects: Geophysics, 78, no. 5, D327-D338.
- Shragge, J., T. Yang and P. Sava, 2013, Time-domain image-domain tomography using adjoint-state methods: Geophysics, 78, no. 4, A29-A33.
- Shragge, J. and D. Lumley, 2013, Time-lapse wave-equation migration velocity analysis: Geophysics, 78, no. 2, S69-S79.
- Weiss, R. and J. Shragge, 2013, Solving the 3D anisotropic elastic wave equation on Parallel GPU Devices: Geophysics,78, no. 2, F7-F15.
- Shragge, J., 2013, Elliptical Moveout Operator for Data Regularization in Azimuthally Anisotropic Media: Geophysics, 78, no. 1, C1-C10.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2014 Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Early-Career Research, UWA
- 2013 Best Student Paper (Matt Saul, co-advisee), SEG Annual Meeting
- 2012 Best Paper (Seismology) Award, ASEG Meeting (with D. Lumley)
- 2010 J. Clarence Karcher Award, Society of Exploration Geophysicists, SEG