Associate Professor, Geophysics
- PhD, Geophysics, Stanford University
- MSc, Geophysics, University of British Columbia
- BScH, Physics, Queen’s University
- 3D acoustic and elastic wave propagation, 3D/4D velocity inversion,
- 3D/4D Reverse-time migration (RTM), wave-equation migration,
- rock physics, computational geometry and differential meshing
- Near-surface geophysics: Ground penetrating radar, magnetics, conductivity profiling, resistivity, seismic reflection/refraction
- General Purpose GPU computing, CUDA
- Parallel Programming (OpenMP, MPI)
- Distributed Acoustic Sensing
- Microseismic Elastic Velocity Estimation and Event Imaging
- Shragge, J., J. Bourget, D. Lumley, J. Giraud, T. Wilson, A. Iqbal, M. Niri, B. Whitney, T. Potter, T. Miyoshi, and B. Witten, 2019, The Western Australia Modelling (WAMo) Project. Part 1: Geomodel Building: Accepted in Interpretation.
- Shragge, J., D. Lumley, J. Bourget, T. Potter, T. Miyoshi, B. Witten, J. Giraud, T. Wilson, A. Iqbal, M. Niri, and B. Whitney, 2019, The Western Australia Modelling (WAMo) Project. Part 2: Seismic Validation: Accepted in Interpretation.
- *Girard, A.J., and J. Shragge, 2019, Direct Migration of Ambient Seismic Data: I. Synthetic Tests: Accepted in Geophysical Prospecting.
- *Girard, A.J., and J. Shragge, 2019, Automated Processing Strategies for Ambient Seismic Data: Accepted in Geophysical Prospecting.
- *Bustamante, J., J. Shragge and D. Lumley, 2019, A Comparison of Rock Physics Models for Stress-related Azimuthal Anisotropy in Seismic Data: Accepted in Exploration Geophysics.
- Potter, T., J. Shragge and D. Lumley, 2019, Performance and Stability of the Double Absorbing Boundary method: Geophysics, 84, no 2., T59-T72.
- *Rocha, D., P. Sava, J. Shragge and B. Witten, 2019, 3D passive wavefield imaging using the energy norm: Geophysics, 84, no. 2, KS13–KS27.
- *Tasker, L., A. Karrech, J. Shragge and M. Josh, 2018, 4D Monitoring of Internal Deformation within a Concrete Structure using Single-Channel Ground Penetrating Radar: Construction and Building Materials, 191, 300-310.
- *de Souza, R., D.E. Lumley, J. Shragge, A. Davolio, and D.J. Schiozer, 2018, Combining Time-lapse Seismic and Production Data for Systematic Reservoir Model Classification and Assessment: Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, 15, no. 4, 561.
- *Johnson, J., M. Merrilees, K. van Wijk and J. Shragge, 2018, All-Optical Extravascular Laser-Ultrasound and Photoacoustic Imaging of Calcified Atherosclerotic Plaque in Excised Carotid Artery: Photonics, 9, 62-72.
- Witten, B., and J. Shragge, 2017, Microseismic Image-domain Velocity Inversion: Marcellus Shale Case Study: Accepted in Geophysics.
- Shragge, J. and B. Tapley, 2017, Solving the Tensorial 3D Acoustic Wave Equation: A Mimetic Finite-Difference Time-Domain Approach: Geophysics, 82, no. 4, T183-T196.
- Shragge, J., D. Lumley, N. Issa, T. Hoskin, A. Paterson and J. Green, 2017, Surveying Batavia’s Graveyard: Geophysical controlled experiments and subsurface imaging of archaeological Sites on an Indian Ocean coral island: Geophysics, 82, no. 4, B147-B163.
- Johnson, J., J. Shragge and K. van Wijk, 2017, Non-confocal all-optical laser-ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging system for angle-dependent deep tissue imaging: Journal of Biomedical Optics, 22, 4, 041014.
- Souza, R., D. Lumley and J. Shragge, 2017, Estimation of reservoir fluid saturation from 4D seismic data: Effects of noise on seismic amplitude and impedance attributes: Journal of Geophysical Engineering, 14, 51-68.
- Shragge, J., 2016, Acoustic Wave Propagation in Tilted Transversely Isotropic (TTI) Media: Incorporating Topography: Geophysics, 81, no 5., C265-C278.
- Shragge, J., T.E. Blum, K. van Wijk and L. Adam, 2015, Full Wavefield Modeling and Reverse-time Migration of Laser Ultrasound Data: A Feasibility Study: Geophysics, 80, no. 6, D553-D563.
- Witten, B., and J. Shragge, 2015, Extended Wave-equation Imaging Conditions for Passive Seismic Data: Geophysics, 80, no. 6, WC61-WC72.
- Shragge, J., 2014, Solving the 3D Acoustic Wave-equation on Generalized Structured Meshes: A FDTD Approach: Geophysics, 79, no. 6, T363-T378.
- Spratt, J., M.C. Dentith, S. Evans, A.R.A. Aitken, M. Lindsay, J.A. Hollis, I.M. Tyler, A. Joly, and J. Shragge, 2014, A Magnetotelluric Survey Across the Kimberley Craton, Northern Western Australia, WA Department of Mines and Petroleum, Report 136.
- Shragge, J., 2014, Reverse-time migration from topography: Geophysics, 79, no. 4, P1-P12.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2018, ICGEG Annual Meeting Best Presentation Award (Co-author)
- 2014 Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Early-Career Research, UWA
- 2013 Best Student Paper (Matt Saul, co-advisee), SEG Annual Meeting
- 2012 Best Paper (Seismology) Award, ASEG Meeting (with D. Lumley)
- 2010 J. Clarence Karcher Award, Society of Exploration Geophysicists, SEG