Society of Student Geophysicists
The goal of the Society of Student Geophysicists (SSG), shall be to promote interest in and knowledge of geophysics and allied sciences, and to promote friendship and cooperation among those interested in the geophysical sciences. We are affiliated with the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) and Colorado School of Mines.
The SSG meets regularly on alternating weeks through the academic year.
SSG Faculty Advisor: Dr. Yaoguo Li
- President: Kaden Nostrom
- Vice President: Carlos Macedo
- Treasurer: Samuel Chambers
- Secretary: Arsya Kadyanto
Society of Women in Geophysics
SWIG’s purpose is building a strong and supportive community through networking and mentorship. SWIG invites both graduate and undergraduate students to advance the influence of women in the Department of Geophysics and the greater campus community, to provide resources for networking, regular meetings, and events designed to promote the goals of SWIG.
SWIG regular meetings take place the first Thursday of each month during the academic year.
- President: Ali Downard
- Vice President of Membership: Claire Bottini
- Vice President of Finances: Anusha Prasad
- Vice President of Programming: Rosie Zhu
- Vice President of Mentorship: Tori Doven
Geophysics Faculty Advisor: Dr. Whitney Trainor-Guitton
Society of Geophysics Graduate Students
The purpose of the SGGS is to represent the Department of Geophysics graduate students in the Mines Graduate Student Government, to coordinate and collaborate with the Department on matters of concern to its graduate student body, and to promote goodwill and community among all graduate students.
- President: Colton Kohnke
- Vice President and Geophysics GSG Representative: Hayden Powers
- Treasurer: Adam Tuppen
- Social Chairs: Anna Titova, Iga Pawelec, Andréa Darrh
Geophysics Faculty Advisor: Dr. Richard Krahenbuhl