- PhD, Petroleum Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, 2021
- MS, Petroleum Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, 2016
- BS, Petroleum Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, 2014
- Low-field Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
- Micro Computer Automated Tomography (µCT)
- Acoustic properties of fluids and porous media
- Pressure dependent NMR response for fluid relaxation and mineralogical controls
- Livo, K., M. Prasad, and T.R. Graham, 2021, Quantification of dissolved O2 in bulk aqueous solutions and porous media using NMR relaxometry: Scientific Reports, 11, Article 290, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-79441-5.
- Livo, K., M. Saidian, and M. Prasad, 2020: Effect of paramagnetic mineral content and distribution on Nuclear Magnetic Resonance surface relaxivity in organic-rich Niobrara and Haynesville shales: Fuel 269, Article 117417, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2020.117417.
- Falcon-Suarez, I. H., K. Livo, and B. Callow, 2020, Geophysical early warning of salt precipitation during geological carbon sequestration: Scientific Reports 10, Article 16472, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-73091-3.
- Revil, A., A. Ghorbani, C. Mapeli, K. Livo, and M. Prasad, 2019. Differential pressure dependence of the complex conductivity of sandstones: Geophysical Journal International, 219, no. 3, 2110–2124, https://doi.org/10.1093/gji/ggz420.
- Livo, K., Saidian, M., Revil, A., and Prasad, M.: Petrophysical Characterization of Fontainebleau Sandstone by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance– Presented at the 3rd International Rock Physics Workshop, Perth, Australia, April 2015.
- Saidian, M., Livo, K., and Prasad, M.: Effect of Paramagnetic Mineral Content and Distribution on Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Surface Relaxivity in Organic-Rich Niobrara and Haynesville Shales– Presented at the Society of Exploration Geophysicists, New Orleans, LA, October 2015.
- Gulyev, A., Livo, K., and Prasad, M.: Determination of Pore Space Compressibility Using Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Measurement– Geological Society of America, Denver, CO, September 2016.
- Livo, K., Gulyev, A., and Prasad, M.: CO2 Injection Effects on Low-Field Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Response– American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, CA, December 2016.
- Livo, K., Joewondo, N., Kumar, S., and Prasad, M.: Investigation of CO2 Injection and Storage Using Low-Field 2 MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Supercritical Sorption Studies– Presented at the 4th International Rock Physics Workshop, Trondheim, Norway, June 2017.
- Crowe, L., Livo, K., and Prasad, M. Development of a Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Mobile Universal Surface Explorer (MOUSE)-Presented at 2017 NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates Posters and Presentations, Golden, CO, July 2017.
- Livo, K., and Prasad M. Effects of CO2 injection and Kerogen Maturation on Low-Field Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Response– American Geophysical Union, New Orleans, LA, December 2017.
- Livo, K., and Prasad, M.: Fluid Pressure Response and Effects of Gases in Solution in Low-Field NMR– Presented at the 5th International Rock Physics Workshop, Hong Kong, SAR China, April 2019.
- Firdaus G., Suarez, V., and Livo, K.: Anisotropic Assessment of Upper, Middle, and Lower Bakken Formations Using Multi-physical Rock Measurements– Presented at the Unconventional Resources Technology Conference, July 2020.
- Malik, S., Sharma, R., Livo, K., and Prasad, M.: Digital Rock Physics for Porosity Fractionation and Flow Regime Determination in Carbonate Reservoirs– Presented at the Society of Exploration Geophysicists Annual Conference, October 2020.
- Livo, K.: Complications of Using NMR Relaxometry for Petrophysical Applications and Comparisons with Laboratory Core Data– Presented at the Rock Physics SIG, Geophysical Society of Houston, November 2020.