- PhD, Earth & Space Science, York University
- BSc, Honors Earth and Environmental Science, McMaster University
- BSc, Physical Science, McMaster University
- Planetary science
- Mars polar caps
- Small bodies (asteroids, comets)
- Radar remote sensing
- Electromagnetic modeling
- Hickson, D.C., A.K. Virkki, P. Perillat, M.C. Nolan, and S.S. Bhiravarasu, 2021, Polarimetric decomposition of near-Earth asteroids using arecibo radar observations: The Planetary Science Journal, 2, no. 30, 1-15, https://doi.org/10.3847/PSJ/abd846.
- Hickson, D.C., A.L. Boivin, C-A. Tsai, M.G. Daly, and R.R. Ghent, 2020, Modeling the dielectric properties of minerals from crystals to bulk powders for improved interpretation of asteroid radar observations: Journal of Geophysical Research: Planets, 125, no. 7, 1-22, https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JE006141.
- Hickson, D., A. Boivin, M.G. Daly, R. Ghent, M.C. Nolan, K. Tait, A. Cunje, and C-A Tsai, 2018, Near surface bulk density estimates of NEAs from radar observations and permittivity measurements of powdered geologic material: Icarus, 306, 16-24, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.icarus.2018.01.018.
- Hickson, D., S. Sotodeh, M. Daly, R. Ghent, and M.C. Nolan, 2017, Improvements on effective permittivity measurements of powdered alumina: Implications for bulk permittivity properties of asteroid regoliths: Advances in Space Research, 59, 472-482, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2016.08.011.