- PhD, Geophysics, University of Western Australia
- MSc, Applied Geophysics, IDEA-League (TU Delft, ETH Zürich, RWTH Aachen)
- BS, Geophysical Engineering, Colorado School of Mines
- Ambient seismic signal processing for imaging and inversion
- Seismic modeling and imaging using HPC
- Reservoir monitoring
- Mine site monitoring
Girard, A. J., J. Shragge, and B. Olofsson, 2021, Identifying salt flanks using low-frequency ambient OBN surface-wave seismology, SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts: 1991-1995.
- Girard, A., and J. Shragge, 2020, Direct migration of ambient seismic data: Geophysical Prospecting, 68, no. 1, 270-292, https://doi.org/10.1111/1365-2478.12792
- Aaron J. Girard and Jeffrey Shragge. Automated processing strategies for ambient seismic data. Accepted to Geophysical Prospecting, 2020.
- Aaron Joseph Girard. Automated Processing and Direct Migration of Ambient Seismic Data. PhD thesis, University of Western Australia, 2019.
- Aaron J. Girard and Jeffrey Shragge. Automated processing workflow for ambient seismic recordings. Abstract presented at 2017 Fall Meeting, AGU, New Orleans, La., 11-15 Dec, 2017.
- Aaron Girard and Jeffrey Shragge. Extracting body waves from ambient seismic recordings. In 86th Annual International Meeting, SEG, Expanded Abstracts, pages 2715–2719. 2016.
- Aaron J. Girard and Jeffrey Shragge. The utility of extended images in ambient seismic wavefield migration. Abstract 63197 presented at 2015 Fall Meeting, AGU, San Francisco, Calif., 14-18 Dec, 2015.
- Pavan K. Elapavuluri and Aaron J. Girard. Estimating seismic uncertainty in model space. 76th Annual Conference and Exhibition, EAGE, Expanded Abstracts, 2014.
- Aaron Girard and Ivan Vasconcelos. Image-domain time-lapse inversion with extended images. In 80th Annual International Meeting, SEG, Expanded Abstracts, pages 4200–4204. 2010.
- Aaron Girard, Mitch Jie-a-looi, Jenekke Bakker, and Fabien Momot. Searching for a Roman villa and prehistoric flint mines in Kanton Zürich. In 1st Annual International Geoscience Student Conference, Bucharest, Romania. 2010.
- Aaron Girard. Geophysics: Oh, the places a student can go! One student’s journey. The Leading Edge, 29:604–605, 2010.