The Online Petroleum Geophysics Certificate at Colorado School of Mines (CSM) is a program designed for geoscience professionals wishing to strengthen or expand their geophysical skillset. By selecting four of the offered 3-credit courses, geoscientists participating in the Online Certificate program can individualize their Certificate to best fulfill their professional goals. Each course is designed as an 8-week online course to run concurrently with the on-campus in-person courses. This allows participants to collaborate on discussions, projects, and group activities. These course credits can also be applied towards a graduate degree.
Certification in this program takes advantage of CSM’s world-renowned faculty and expertise in resource and energy evaluation. With guidance from industry-leading experts, students will expand their knowledge base to better address current exploration and production challenges within the oil and gas industry. Participants in this program can expect to develop a solid foundation and proficiency in geophysical methods utilizing the most up-to-date workflow practices in the industry.
Currently, this program allows participants to map an individual pathway allowing for deeper exploration of:
- Well logging and other formation evaluation methods
- Rock physics and Petrophysics
- Seismic data interpretation and quantitative analysis
- Use of Anisotropic seismic data in characterizing unconventional reservoirs
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more
Why Choose Petroleum Geophysics at Mines?
- Colorado School of Mines is recognized for world-renowned expertise in resource and energy evaluation
- Become a part of Mines long history of involvement in resource and energy industry studies and gain access to its unique facilities
- Courses taught by industry-leading experts in seismic interpretation, quantitative analysis, anisotropic seismic data characterization, rock physics and petrophysics, and formation evaluation methods
- Courses will include a hybrid of both on-site and remote students providing collaborative opportunities
- Earn a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate (available fully online from anywhere in the world)
- This program is an excellent “Bridge-to-Master’s” and allows working geoscience professionals to gain long term educational credits
PETROLEUM GEOPHYSICS CERTIFICATE APPLICATION
The Petroleum Geophysics Online Certificate Program spring 2022 application deadline is November 1, 2021. Please apply here: online.mines.edu/petroleum-geophysics-online