The Online Petroleum Geophysics Certificate at Colorado School of Mines (CSM) is a program designed for geoscience professionals wishing to strengthen or expand their geophysical skillset. By selecting four of the offered 3-credit courses, geoscientists participating in the Online Certificate program can individualize their Certificate to best fulfill their professional goals. Each course is designed as an 8-week online course to run concurrently with the on-campus in-person courses. This allows participants to collaborate on discussions, projects, and group activities. These course credits can also be applied towards a graduate degree.
Certification in this program takes advantage of CSM’s world-renowned faculty and expertise in resource and energy evaluation. With guidance from industry-leading experts, students will expand their knowledge base to better address current exploration and production challenges within the oil and gas industry. Participants in this program can expect to develop a solid foundation and proficiency in geophysical methods utilizing the most up-to-date workflow practices in the industry.
Currently, this program allows participants to map an individual pathway allowing for deeper exploration of:
- Well logging and other formation evaluation methods
- Rock physics and Petrophysics
- Seismic data interpretation and quantitative analysis
- Use of Anisotropic seismic data in characterizing unconventional reservoirs
Please contact email@example.com to learn more
Why Choose Petroleum Geophysics at Mines?
- Colorado School of Mines is recognized for world-renowned expertise in resource and energy evaluation
- Become a part of Mines long history of involvement in resource and energy industry studies and gain access to its unique facilities
- Courses taught by industry-leading experts in seismic interpretation, quantitative analysis, anisotropic seismic data characterization, rock physics and petrophysics, and formation evaluation methods
- Courses will include a hybrid of both on-site and remote students providing collaborative opportunities
- Earn a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate (available fully online from anywhere in the world)
- This program is an excellent “Bridge-to-Master’s” and allows working geoscience professionals to gain long term educational credits