M. Andy Kass
Mason Andrew "Andy" Kass
Department of Geophysics
Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois St.
Golden, Colorado 80401, USA
Phone: (303) 273-3442
Fax: (303) 273-3478
- Potential and electromagnetic fields in geophysics
- Statistical de-noising methods and associated inversion
- Numerical modelling
- Generalized inversion of statistically rotated data
- Rapid gravity gradient/gravity terrain correction and forward modelling.
- Building a test grid for electrical, magnetic, electromagnetic, and shallow seismic methods
- Arkansas Valley Hydrologic Study
Publications / Proceedings:
- Kass, M.A., and Li, Y., 2008, Practical aspects of terrain correction in airborne gravity gradiometry surveys, Exploration Geophysics,, 39, No. 4, pp 198-203.
- Kass, M.A., Lee, J., and Li, Y., 2008, Effect of low-pass acquisition filters on processing and inversion of airborne gravity gradiometry data: Presented at the gravity in motion workshop at the 78th annual SEG International meeting.
- Davis, K., Kass, M.A., Krahenbuhl, R., and Y. Li, 2008, Survey design and model appraisal based on resolution analysis for 4D gravity monitoring, 78th SEG International Meeting, Expanded Abstracts 27.
- Kass, M.A., and Y. Li, 2007, Use of principal component analysis in the de-noising and signal separation of transient electromagnetic data: Presented at the 3rd international conference on environmental and engineering geophysics (ICEEG), Wuhan, China.
- Kass, M.A., and Li, Y., 2007, Efficient terrain correction in airborne and seaborne gravity gradiometry surveys, ASEG 2007, Perth, WA, Australia.
- Kass, M.A., and Li, Y., 2007, Practical aspects of terrain correction in airborne gravity gradiometry: 77th SEG International Meeting, Expanded Abstracts 26, pp 755-759.
- Kass, M.A., 2006, Geophysical assessment of basement geometry in the Upper Arkansas River Valley, Colorado: Upper Arkansas Geologists Association 2006 Meeting, Buena Vista, CO.
- Kass, M.A., Li, Y., Batzle, M., and Young, T.K., 2006, Geophysical assessment of groundwater resources in the Upper Arkansas River Valley, Colorado, Proceedings of the 2006 SEG Hydrogeophysics Workshop, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
- Kass, M.A., 2005, Slope Stability Analysis of Iliamna Volcano, Alaska, Using ASTER TIR, SRTM DEM, and Aeromagnetic Data, SAGEEP 2005, Atlanta, Georgia, 883-891.